Thursday, July 30, 2015

SHOPPING MANIA!


 SHOPPING MANIA!

If you have been following my blogs you are aware that I created a website on Weebly.com to host a site about myself. I chose the layout, created the images, content, and published my site all for FREE ninety nine!

Now it is time to add a shopping cart to my site. I can hear you asking, "But why Brandon, why a shopping cart?". Good question, and after doing some contemplating  it was really the logical next step. I had to figure out if I had something to sale or if I wanted donations to help with the site but  in the end I chose the former. The truth is that I never really intended to make this an eCommerce site, because that idea was reserved for another site that I will create. However, I thought that this would be a good time to put the eCommerce idea through the paces by making some mistakes and seeing what works.

After searching the internet I saw that there are many offerings to add plugins to your existing site to handle the online transactions. These companies consist of Paypal , Selz, Stripe, and Google Wallet to name a few. I ended up going with Stripe for now. 

The first reason I went with Stripe is the ease of adding the plugin that is already present in Weebly. It is as easy as dragging and dropping the plugin onto the page that I specify. In my case that page was my Art page. The second reason is that right now I am taking advantage of the free hosting Weebly offers, and unfortunately that means I'm stuck with Stripe unless I opt to upgrade my site, which would start costing me monthly. Now, don't get me wrong, I think upgrading is a great idea and the cost is reasonable. In the future, for my readers, I will try another template based website builder to see the differences but for now I can't complain. Weebly.com really is a great platform and I do see myself upgrading in the future. 

Lastly, here are the details of the non-binding deal I have with Stripe. 

Stripe

  • Instantly start accepting credit cards
  • Integrated shopping cart on your site
  • 2.9% plus 30¢ per transaction
  • Funds deposited after 7 days
  • Weebly fee: 3% per charge | Remove this
So, as you can see the deal is not too shabby. I suggest you do your own research and always do what works best for you. I have placed a couple of links if you want to see how the cart looks on my site and if you want to read about the other eCommerce providers. Good luck and God bless!

My Site

The extra info is for WordPress but will give you some insight.

I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU LEAVE A COMMENT OR SUGGESTION! 



No comments:

Post a Comment